Friday, November 13, 2009

Video Killed The Radio Star

I woke up this morning at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. It was rather annoying and my mom says it has something to do with the medicine I'm taking to clear up my sinuses. But that really has nothing to do with what I'm about to say, other than I was up at 4 am. The only thing on television at that time are infomercials and to my amazement, MUSIC VIDEOS!! Maybe that's another reason I couldn't sleep, I wanted to watch each video that came on. Here's who all made an appearance during my early hours...

Alicia Keys - Doesn't Mean Anything: It started with her looking out on Manhattan's skyline with her speaking these words "This beautiful city feels empty. All the people in the world and you can still feel lonely. What's the point of having it all without having the person you love? Sometimes you just need to start again in order to fly." I think she's speaking of a lost boyfriend or some kind of love like that, but for me, in this past year, I lost touch with the one who truly loves me in that beautiful city. But like she says, it doesn't mean anything since you're gone. So sometimes you have to start again. It's my start over. I want to fly again.

Owl City - Fireflies: All the lights turning on in this video, it felt like the indoor version of lightning bugs taking over on a southern summer night. I was so intrigued. Oh! Plus, there is a Light Brite. I loved that toy as a kid!!!

Beyonce - Sweet Dreams: This song is catchy and scares me all at the same time. It seems like what fairy tales were really made of before Disney got a hold of them. Or maybe a mixture of the two.

Taylor Swift - Fifteen: I love that she has Abigail in the video. The first time I heard this song, I couldn't help but be amazed at the honesty and vulnerability of the lyrics. The video is depicted the way I believe we see things at fifteen (and some times the way I see life even now). We dream in swirls, flowers, and butterflies only to be hit with the reality of everyday life. Have I mentioned, I love T-Swizzle!

50 Cent featuring Ne-Yo - Baby By Me: Kelly Rowland is 50's love interest in this video. And I love Ne-Yo. But the thing that got me about this video was the opening lyrics "Have a baby by me, baby be a millionaire." Man, 50 Cent thinks very highly of himself.

So this is how I spent my early morning hours. At 6am, MTV quits playing music videos, but VH-1 kept me going till I finally got out of the bed at 7:30am. So when no one is awake that's when the music channels play music videos. I did watch CMA, as well, to get my Country fix, but I'll save that for another blog post one day.

I'll just leave you with this. Billy Currington. Gotta love the South. And those eyes.

1 comment:

  1. love those billy currington and taylor swift videos!! :)

    ReplyDelete