Friday, December 4, 2009

Haven't Met You Yet

I have all the time in the world right now, but yet I have the hardest time updating this blog. I'm really going to try and get better about it.

Tennessee still feels like a vacation. I believe it has to do with the fact that I haven't gotten a job yet and the holidays. So most mornings, I wake up and my mom has breakfast and coffee waiting for me. I'm enjoying my coffee and Regis & Kelly each morning curled up on the couch next to my Mom with the dogs snoring in the background.

One day this week on Regis & Kelly, Michael Buble filled in for Regis since he had hip surgery and won't be on the show for a while. I haven't always been a fan of MB. Liked a few of his songs, but when he broke up with Emily Blunt, I just decided I didn't like him. Well he has changed my mind. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. I literally had tears streaming from my eyes from laughing so hard. He was so funny and so sweet. His love for life was just infectious. I decided right then and there that I loved him.

Then later that night I was pleasantly surprised to see that he would be performing at the lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. So of course, I was not missing that. Christmas tradition and New York and Michael Buble...perfection. Then he sang my favorite Christmas song, "I'll Be Home For Christmas". This song has always held a special place in my heart. If you read my blog, you know I have a thing about Home and this song always makes me think of all my homes. This year it holds even more meaning to me since I may be home in Tennessee, but I'm longing to be home for Christmas in New York, "if only in my dreams". Michael Buble crooning away with New York lighting up the background and the videos of the military returning from Iraq and reuniting with their families...Geez, Louise...I couldn't control the tears.

So this Christmas season I have found a new love in the humorous, very well dressed, crooner Michael Buble. And I know he's got a girlfriend, but he just hasn't met me yet.

and just for your viewing pleasure, David Letterman's Top Ten List

No comments:

Post a Comment