Saturday, August 29, 2009

Can't Sleep

For some reason, I can't sleep. I should be sleeping as I have to get up in only a few hours, but I can't. I've been laying here tossing and turning for hours. It's like my body knows I need the sleep, but isn't going to allow what I need.

Or God wants me up. Yeah that is what I said. I believe everything happens for a reason and after doing Beth Moore's Esther study this summer, I am even more certain of this truth. Xerxes couldn't sleep so he had someone read to him from a book of history. (This is my version of the story by the way.) It just so happened this is one of the most pivotal parts of the story of Esther. Haman planned to have Mordecai killed the next day, but during this story time for Xerxes, he realized that Mordecai had never been rewarded for his honesty and loyalty to the king. A reversal of destinies...If you haven't read through the book of Esther, I highly recommend it!!

Tomorrow/Today is my last Sunday on staff at The Gallery Church. Maybe this is why I can't sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment