Saturday, August 29, 2009

7 Favorite Things

July version...

1. Engage City Church - I actually heard about this church plant in Brisbane, Australia in June, but it wasn't until July that God truly began to burden my heart for Will Henderson and his family. I'm excited to see how God uses His Church to bring glory to His name in Brisbane. I hope one day soon to see it with my own eyes and not just through updates.

2. City Uprising - This movement was born out of the Gallery Church to propel the local church and prosper the city. Through an intensive four-day worship and service experience, City Uprising hopes to inspire resolute commitment to the local church, raise awareness of the need to reach the world's major cities with the love and compassion of Jesus Christ through new churches, and build a bridge into the heart of the city through love and service. I have been very privileged to get to be a part of such an amazing and unique conference for the last two years.

3. Housing Works - During City Uprising this year, I lead a team of volunteers and one of our community outreach projects was with this organization. Most of our group spent our morning in their basement surrounded by books that had all been donated to the cause of this organization. We helped pack books for mail-outs and do inventory of their entire bookstore. It was one of those moments that reminded me why I love New York so much.

4. Taylor Swift - I don't know how I haven't mentioned before that she is one of my all-time favorites!! If I listed all her credits we would be here for a while. I mean, seriously, what hasn't this girl done! And she is only 19!!!! I love her music and I love her video blogs! She is a darling! And she should have been on my favorite list months back. Sorry T-Swizzle!

5. Twitter - For those of you who aren't familiar with Twitter, it's a social networking and microblogging service utilising instant messaging, SMS or a web interface. My definition of Twitter...fun way to see what your friends (actual and those I have never met before...Taylor Swift) are up to!

6. Everyday Food - A monthly publication put out by the one and only Martha Stewart. This itty bitty magazine is filled with all kinds of recipes. I've enjoyed making the lemony smashed potatoes and glazed lemon cookies for my friends.

7. We Are Hunted - This website keeps you in the know on the most popular emerging songs in the world. I don't always like the songs I listen to on this site, but I enjoy checking out the new music. Thanks JT for sharing!

1 comment:

  1. I've made those lemony smashed potatoes! YUM. I also <3<3 Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete