Friday, August 27, 2010

To Love or Be Loved?

The other night a friend and I were discussing love and in the midst of this discussion he posed this question to me. He asked, "Of these two things which one best describes you, the person who always gives love or the one who always needs love in a relationship?"

It took me a whole total of two seconds to answer and I consider myself a person who always gives love. But as I drove home from bowling, I started to ponder this question more and more. It actually kind of started to haunt me. I asked a few other friends where they found themselves in the spectrum of this question.

One guy said he was most definitely an always needs love and another friend said he thinks he’s both, depending on the type of relationship. My mother says she is also an always gives love kind of person.

So I wonder what the answer to this question says about us? Is one better than the other? Or should we be both? Do we even know how to give love, if we weren't loved in the first place? I must say this question is still haunting my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment