Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm waiting...

If you would have asked me six months ago where I would be now, I would have told you Australia.

I planned to go there for six months and help with a church plant. I still hope to do that one day soon, but it seems that isn't where I am supposed to be now.

For a while, I was frustrated with God. Questioning leaving New York. Questioning every decision I'd made in the last year. Truthfully, there are still days when I question.

I'm not a very good at waiting. At being still. I didn't know how to put any of these feelings into words. I just felt really alone. Kind of lost.

So one day during my lunch break, I went to the bookstore and picked up Pete Wilson's Plan B. "What to do when God doesn't show up the way you thought he would?" Yeah, that sounds about right.

I've truly enjoyed reading this book. I've even bought it for a couple of friends who are in the same place I'm in. Last night as I was reading and baking a Hummingbird cake for the Mom's in my life. I read this passage that just made everything I felt make a little more sense.

"The question isn't can you trust God? Of course you can trust God. The question is can you wait? Will you wait? Will you continue to hope in him even when his timing seems all off?"

So for now, I'm waiting.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. If we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it patiently. Patiently, for me, is always in quotes. :P

    ReplyDelete