Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm Not Hip To Be Square

I was gchatting with a dear friend today about different things that have happened since I saw her last in November. About our jobs, and life, and how excited we are for different things. In our conversation I made this comment about how different my friends are in Tennessee to my friends in NYC...

"they are square in a way that doesn't make me not love them, but square in a way that makes me stand out"

Her sweet response, "But that is what makes you special and you know that you need to be somewhere else"

And I do need to be somewhere else. Maybe not location wise, but I need to be somewhere else in my life. Not conforming. Not lacking. Not hiding. Being me.

If you are meant to be square, be square. If you are meant to be something else, be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment